Sunday, December 3, 2017

Opening for Stogie-T live!!

One more amazing moment to add to the growing bio.
Opening for Stogie T live! (previously known as Tumi from the volume) alongside performers Tommy Ills (One-L) of Revivolution.
EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE OF STOGIES' LIVE FREESTYLE ADDED!!!


This was an endearing moment, because back in 2010 when I decided to work my poems into the musical rhythms of a beat for the first time, my work was heavily influenced by Tumi from the V. It was a short while after I heard the piece 'Yvonne' by Tumi, 'I write' by Proverb and 'return to innocence lost' by the roots when I finally found the inspiration to produce my own pieces.

I finished my first mixtape "Schematic chemistry" as a politics student in Durban. The project included purist poetry like 'she died in my arms' and 'the cure'. I went on to working on new projects that never got released, and in 2017, eventually released a second mixtape "Deity Speak" with production credits from renowned Hip Hop producers like Kanif the jhatmaster, Gemini (Thabiso Mofokeng) from Cashless Society and Alkabulan. Scratches from Dj Akio of Koolout.




2017 has been a cool year. I hope greater moments await, because my ultimate aspiration is seeing myself morphing & evolving into the different levels of a super creative! "weapon of mass creation" 



No comments:

Post a Comment